market, arts club, formerly emily carr school, non-chain stores, restaurants: bridges, sandbar, keg, ferries to island, marina, boat rentals
Granville Island is owned and managed by the federal government of Canada.
small non-chain stops
- ferries to and from
- restaurants, some with great patios
- lots of tourists
- cement factory
- art work on cement factory silos
- artists studios
- formerly home of Emily Carr art school
- false creek seawall
- formerly had a light rail tram connecting it
- proposal to build elevator to granville street bridge
- bus -what bus to get there?
- french language
- had a bicycle valet during summer 2017, looking to bring it back for 2018