Granville Island, Vancouver, BC, Canada | StanleyParkVan.com
Granville Island, Vancouver, BC, Canada
market, arts club, formerly emily carr school, non-chain stores, restaurants: bridges, sandbar, keg, ferries to island, marina, boat rentals
Granville Island is owned and managed by the federal government of Canada.
- Granville Island is operated by the Canadian federal government and managed by the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
- was an industrial site until the 1970s, when the Canadian Government transformed it into a public space.
- urban, waterfront location
- rich industrial and maritime heritage.
- public market
- kids market
- restaurants, some with great patios
- small non-chain stops
- ferries to and from
- lots of tourists
- cement factory
- art work on cement factory silos
- artists studios
- formerly home of Emily Carr University Art School
- false creek seawall
- formerly had a light rail tram connecting it
- bus -what bus to get there? #50
- french language
- has a bicycle valet during summer 2019
- pirate ship
- boat rentals, salmon fishing charters
- proposal to build elevator to granville street bridge
Granville Island Attractions and Things to See
Granville Island Public Market
Granville Island Kids Market
Granville Island Marina
Granville Street Bridge
False Creek Community Centre
Granville Street Houseboats
Murals on Ocean Cement Towers
Granville Island Activities and Things to Do
Granville Island Boat Rentals
Granville Island Kids Waterpark
Granville Island Theatres
Arts Club Theatre
Granville Island Restaurants
Vancouver Fish Company
Tony's Fish and Oysters Cafe
Granville Island Hotels
There is only one hotel on Granville Island. It is aptly named the Granville Island Hotel.
Granville Island Hotel
Granville Island Art Galleries
Granville Island Events
2019 Canada Day (July 1) at Granville Island
Since Granville Island is operated by the Canadian federal government, there are always lots of Canada Day activities on the island every July 1!
For 2019, the events include:
- Official Canada Day Ceremony
- 20th Annual Canada Day Parade
- False Creek Community Centre Canada Day Celebration
- Chain and Forge Street Party -free
- Flowers of Canada
- Dye Your Own Yarn! - $21 per skein of yarn
- Lobster Man -Annual Lobster Cook Out
- Lee's Donuts: Special Canada Day donut!
- Artisan Markets
- Tattoo -free Maple Leaf tattoo-temporary I hope!
- Fora and Fauna Puppet Making -free
- Musical Playground -free
- Bike Decorating Workshop and Parade
- Granville Island buskers
- Cityscape Print Making-free
- Pins and Flags-free from many of the merchants
- Streamkeepers -free
- Community Paint-by-Numbers -free
- Button making with Arts Umbrella -free
- Face Painting
- Dragon Boat rides -free
- Indangamirwa Vancouver -free
- Tsatsu Stalqaya/Coastal Wolf Pack -free
- Toque Flamenco -free
- Print Making Fun with Opus -free
- Cause and Effect Circus -free
- Mariachi Las Estrellas de Vancouver and Caudillos del Sur Mexican Ballet
- Immigrant Lessons -free
- Granville Island Jazz -free
- Family Pavilion -free
- Two Shot Hot Rock
- Tiddley Cove Morris Dancers -free
- Roving performers
- Canada Day with MAKE -free
- Kids Market Canada Day
More info about Canada Day events on Granville Island
Granville Island Bicycle Valet
Granville Island History
Granville Island Past
Emily Carr University
Getting To Granville Island
False Creek Ferries
Granville Island Parking
There have been a lot of parking changes on Granville Island for 2019. Please check out our page with all the information that you need to know.
Granville Island Parking Info...
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These are the frequently asked questions about Granville Island
What hours is Granville Island Open?
The Granville Island Public Market is open from 9am to 7pm, 7 days a week including statutory holidays.
The Net Loft is open from 10am to 7pm as of April 1, 2019 including statutory holidays.
The Kids Market is open from 10am to 6pm, 7 days a week including statutory holidays.
Stanley Park Tour
Stanley Park Links
Other Vancouver Guides