Chaythoos is a raised point of land on the north side of Stanley Park and is where Stanley Park declared open by Mayor David Oppenheimer in 1888. Lord Stanley, for whom the park was named, visited here a year later to dedicate the park. The first nations name "Chaythoos" means High Bank. It is a great viewpoint and has a few significant trees and plaques.
Chaythoos is located just steps up from the Stanley Park Seawall between Lumbermens' Arch and the Lions Gate Bridge. Located at Chaythoos is the Stanley Park Centennial Plaque.
|Please share this page:||Tweet|
|2019 Events Calendar||Art(14)||Info Booth||Hotels(7)||Locations(15)||Parking|
|Activities(22)||Monuments(2)||Wild Animals||Picnic Areas(6)||Coal Harbour||Bus Loop|
|Children(5)||Memorials(7)||Mysteries||Services||English Bay||Contact Us|
|Sports Facilities(13)||Cairns(7)||Past||Gift Shops(4)||False Creek||Map|
|Free Travel Checklist||Free Grocery Checklist|